Enjoy the Region of Serfaus Fiss Ladis
Holidays on a Sunny Mountain Plateau
Our luxury hotel is located in the beautiful region of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, sometimes called Austria’s “Sun Terrace.” The region in Tyrol is perfect for great alpine holidays: a pleasant climate with over 2000 hours of sun each year, green fields, deep forests and mountain pastures, as well as the rocky cliffs and peaks of the Alps.
The three picturesque mountain villages of Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis are located above the Inn Valley (Inntal) and are great holiday destinations all year round. Summer holidays in Serfaus are great because of the top-class hiking and mountain bike trails. During the winter, the holiday region entices skiers with one of the largest and best ski areas in Tyrol.
The Only Village Subway in the World
The street ends when you enter the town, where a spacious parking garage awaits. You have to leave your car here because Serfaus is “car free”.
It’s then time to take the village “underground” into the town and to the cable cars. This is what enables Serfaus to remain a pristine mountain village regardless of the many tourists. It has been very effective and you’ll see that first hand as you take a walk through the town past old churches, wooden houses and huts that tell a picture story about the Rhaeto-Romanic period and the town of Serfaus.
- Kaunertal Glacier Street: (approx. 36 km, travel time approx. 50 min.)
An unforgettable experience: drive up the serpentine road to the Kaunertal Glacier where the street simply ends and ice stretches before you. You can return over the Pillar into the Pitztal Valley. (Caution: this is a toll road)
- Trip to the Reschen Pass (approx. 40 km, travel time approx. 40 min.)
The Reschen Pass, at 1504 m, connects Austria and Italy. It is the perfect place to start a hiking tour or view the reservoirs.
- Mainau Island (approx. 200 km, travel time approx. 2.5 h)
The floral island in Lake Constance.
- Zammer Lochputz: (approx. 28 km, travel time ca. 30 min.)
The mysterious and famous gorge of Tyrol
- The Blue Grotto “Blaue Grotte” and Rose Garden Canyon “Rosengartenschlucht” in Imst (approx. 41 km, travel time approx. 45 min.)
A special natural experience: the path to the ancient Blue Grotto is a wildly romantic adventure. It goes through one of the most valuable biotopes in Tyrol, the Rose Garden Canyon.
- Waterfall Stuibenfall Umhausen (approx. 62 km, travel time approx. 1 h)
The Stuibenfall Waterfall in the Ötztal Valley is the highest in Tyrol with a fall of over 150m.
- Trip to Innsbruck (approx. 93 km, travel time approx. 65 min.)
The capital city of Tyrol has much to offer: sightseeing (the Triumph Gate, the Bergisel ski jump, the Alpine zoo), shopping in the historical town centre, or simply enjoying a cup of coffee under the “Golden Roof.” In Innsbruck, you’re certain to find something you enjoy!
- Duty-free Shopping in Samnaun (approx. 45 km, travel time approx. 45 min.)
Samnaun is the only duty-free area in Switzerland. Exclusive brand name perfumes, quality liquors, jewellery, tobacco and much more all at great prices.
- Shopping Tour in Merano (approx. 120 km, travel time approx. 2 h)
This historical spa city can be reached by travelling over the Reschen Pass. Enjoy the combination of Italian flair and great shopping. Every Friday you can enjoy the weekly market in Merano.
- Swarovski Crystal World Wattens (110 km, travel time approx. 1h 20 min)
The Swarovski Crystal World, created by André Heller, is one of Austria’s greatest attractions. Experience a world made of sparkling crystals.
- Beer Attraction Park Starkenberg Tarrenz (approx. 45 km, travel time approx. 45 min.)
The Starkenberger “Beer Mythology” with beer swimming pool is a unique and unforgettable combination of a medieval castle and high-tech Starkenberg Brewery.
- Alpinarium Galtür ( approx. 65 km, travel time approx. 1h 10 min)
The Alpinarium Galtür is the central part of the 345m long and 19m high protective wall, which was built after an avalanche in the town of Galtür in February 1999. This unique architectural structure is a combination of a protective wall and a museum.