View images

50 years history

Information About “The Cervosa”

Information About “The Cervosa”

The name Cervosa comes from the Rhaeto-Romance languages and literally means the “region full of forests and wild game” (from Latin “cervo” for deer). Over the centuries the syllables changed from “Cervosa” to “Serfaus”.

About the time of Jesus’ birth, the town of Serfaus was discovered and settled by the Romans, and they immediately appreciated the mild climate. The current church steeple was then a Roman watchtower.

The Hotel Cervosa was founded in 1959 by Hugo and Adele Westreicher as a 100-bed hotel with every comfort imaginable. During the following years, the family worked hard to constantly enhance the hotel to improve the levels of comfort and the infrastructure and services. Hugo and Gertrude Westreicher married in 1993 and guide the hotel in the second generation.

As your hosts, we give your comfort the highest priority. We think this special attention is what makes our guests come back year after year, and we would like to take this opportunity to thank our many patrons for their loyalty to the Cervosa and to the family. We’ll always be there for you 

Yours, Hugo & Gertrude Westreicher, our Family and Team 

Cervosa Chronicle

50 Jahre Geschicht Hotel Cervosa Downloadbild

1959
Hotel built with 100 beds

1972
Expansion of the hotel with indoor pool and dance bar

1976
Addition on top of the indoor pool with 30 beds 

1988
Sport Centre with bowling and squash hall 

1989
Completion of the garages and seminar centre 

1992
Construction of the first tower, reception area and kitchen expansion. Purchase of the Lazid Alm – now known as the Cervosa Alm  

1995
Connection built between the main house and the building over the indoor pool, and additional rooms added to the northern side 

1997
Phase 1 of the Wellness & Sauna Area

1999
Addition of the Orangerie and hotel entrance, continued room renovations 

2000
Hotel lobby renovation and continued room renovationsPhase 2 of the Wellness & Sauna AreaConstruction of the new Cervosa Garni 

2001
Phase 3 of the Wellness & Sauna Area Saunabereich 

2002
Addition of the left tower with indoor pool and terrace additions 

2003
Addition of the Baroque Parlour, redesign of the Maria’s Parlour and Fireplace Parlour, as well as continued room renovationsPhase 4 of the Wellness & Sauna Area 

2004
Addition to the Cervosa Garni with garages, personnel and private living areas, as well as holiday apartments2004  Autumn – Connection of the Cervosa main house with the Cervosa Garni.Our Alm was renamed CERVOSA and renovated inside and outside  

2005
Phase 5: 400m² Expansion of our Wellness Area with a new sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and relaxation room with water beds. Addition of a social level with Vitamin Bar and an internal connection to the hair salon and a room for pedicures and manicures 

Autumn  2006
Addition of a new parlour in our restaurant, renovation of the reception area, new circle in the Wellness Area, room renovations 

Spring  2007
Completion of the new outdoor Relaxation Whirlpool on the Sun Terrace 

Spring 2008
Completion of the new Fitness Centre on the 4th floor with a panorama view of the Serfaus mountains 

Autumn 2009:
Cervosa ALM:  VIP lounge and terraces with open kitchen 

Autumn 2010
5 new spa treatment rooms and some hotel rooms  

Spring and autumn 2011:
Hotel:   all north-facing rooms and suites – more space and timeless elegance created.  Cervosa Alm:  spa annex, Alm lounge, lift, terraces and façade.  

Spring 2012
Wellness extension (panoramic sauna, outdoor pool, tea lounge, various relaxation rooms, gardens, plus new arrival and departure settings (visible on the Cervosa webcam) 

Spring 2013
6 new superior suites on the south side, renovated bathrooms in 7 other suites, the lift in the main building was replaced, as well as all windows in the main building.